Tips from a Utah Wedding Florist: How to Keep Your Flowers Forever
Preserving your wedding flowers is an excellent way to immortalize those precious moments. Here are some tips, from a Utah wedding florist that will guide you through the steps to ensure your Utah wedding flowers last a lifetime, allowing their beauty to endure.
- Choose the Right Flowers : Opt for flowers renowned for their longevity, such as roses, orchids, and carnations. These blooms have a higher chance of retaining their shape and color during the preservation process.
- Timing is Everything : Schedule your flower preservation as soon as possible after your wedding day. The fresher the flowers, the better the outcome. Get in touch with a specialized preservationist in Utah who focuses on wedding flower preservation.
- Dry the Flowers : Hang your flowers upside down in a dark, dry, and well-ventilated area. This natural drying method maintains their shape while preventing color fading. Be cautious of direct sunlight, as it can cause colors to diminish.
- Utilize Silica Gel : Once the flowers are dry, carefully place them in a container filled with silica gel. This desiccant absorbs moisture from the flowers, preserving their form and color. Ensure the flowers are fully covered by the gel and leave them undisturbed for a few weeks.
- Explore Display Options : Once the preservation process is complete, you have numerous options for showcasing your preserved Utah wedding flowers. Consider framing them, creating a floral arrangement, or even embedding them in resin for a one-of-a-kind keepsake.
- Seek Professional Assistance : Consider enlisting the help of a professional preservationist. These experts possess the necessary expertise and specialized equipment to ensure your flowers are preserved optimally. They can also provide guidance on the best techniques and display options for your Utah wedding flowers.
In conclusion, your Utah wedding flowers carry sentimental value, representing the joyous moments of your special day. By following these steps, you can preserve those memories for eternity. Whether you choose to embark on the preservation process yourself or seek professional assistance, your treasured blooms will serve as a timeless reminder of the love and happiness experienced on your wedding day.