The Meaning Behind Popular Wedding Flowers
Understanding the meaning behind popular wedding flowers can help couples select the perfect blooms for their big day. Utah's natural beauty and stunning landscapes provide the perfect backdrop for a wide variety of flowers, from the classic rose to the bright and cheerful sunflower.
Wedding flowers have been associated with symbolism and meaning for a long time. Choosing the right blooms can be an important aspect of wedding planning. Here are some popular wedding flowers and the meanings they traditionally represent:
- Roses: Roses are the most popular wedding flower, and each color has a different meaning. Red roses symbolize love and passion, while pink roses represent romance and gratitude. White roses symbolize purity and innocence, while yellow roses represent friendship and joy.
- Peonies: Peonies are a popular wedding flower due to their large, showy blooms. They symbolize prosperity, good fortune, and a happy marriage.
- Calla Lilies: Calla lilies symbolize purity and holiness. Their elegant and sophisticated appearance makes them a popular choice for weddings to represent the union of two souls.
- Lily of the Valley: The dainty flower symbolizes happiness, humility, and sweetness. These qualities make it a popular choice for bridal bouquets and boutonnieres.
- Hydrangeas are lush and full blooms commonly used in wedding centerpieces and bouquets, symbolizing gratitude and heartfelt emotion.
- Orchids: Orchids represent love, beauty, and strength. Their exotic and elegant appearance makes them a popular choice for weddings to create a dramatic and luxurious atmosphere.
- Sunflowers: Sunflowers symbolize happiness, loyalty, and longevity with their bright and cheerful appearance. This makes them a popular choice for rustic or outdoor weddings.
- Baby's Breath: The delicate and airy Baby's Breath flower symbolizes innocence, purity, and everlasting love. This makes it a popular choice as a filler in bouquets and centerpieces.
As a wedding florist, I help couples create a beautiful and meaningful celebration that reflects their love and personality. Incorporating flowers with special meaning can help create a unique and memorable wedding experience that you will cherish for years to come.
No matter which flowers you choose for your wedding day, remember that they're a symbol of love and commitment. Let them inspire you to create a celebration as beautiful and meaningful as the love you share with your partner.